Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Lord THINKS about me!


"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
~Catherine Aird

This quote practically slapped me in the face recently. As a mother am I a good example to my children, or a sad warning of what can happen when your priorities have been out of whack?

It is so easy to wake up one day and find that life just snuck up on you. A few births, a few too many Oreo's, a few too many "I'll start the diet Monday's"...etc....and BOOM. There you are. People get the urge to yell, "TAXI!" when you step outside in a yellow dress. Small children mistake you for 'you-know-who' the dinosaur when you wear your purple sweat suit.

There was a time when it took me one hour and fifteen minutes to get ready for work in the mornings. Now, years later, I can be ready and have five children awake, breakfast ingested, teeth brushed, Sunday clothes on, and out the door in twenty five minutes. Should I be proud of this ridiculous ability, or ashamed that I don't spend enough time on me? On my temple. I AM a temple of Christ. Would He be ashamed to hang out here? Oh dear, I'm steppin' on my own toes. Ouch!

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 40:17: But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer...." It is so exciting to think that my Lord THINKS about ME!!!! Of all the billions of people in the world, and he has the ability and makes an effort to THINK about ME. Poor and needy as I am, he can still be my help and my deliverer. And that, folks, makes my mommy heart merry!

May this year be a journey to a better life. A better me. When my children are grown and remember their mother, may that memory be a sweet one. One of a patient, loving, healthy and happy soul who was a good example and NOT a horrible warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment