Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pickle Face

This is the face my daughter makes when she tastes vinegar. It's the same face I make when my prayer is not answered as I thought the Lord ought to answer it!

Vinegar is a powerful benefit to your health and well being, but a definite turnoff to the average set of taste buds. It wouldn't matter if I had the ability to explain its goodness to my little girl, or if she had the ability to understand. She would still make this face after tasting this potent pickling juice.

Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

This can be very hard to do. Even harder to do and keep a merry heart! I must remember that I live in a little bubble and cannot see beyond today. My Lord sees all, and knows exactly what I need, when I need it, how I need it, and why I need it.

My prayers may occasionally get a "no" answer, but a "no" is still an answer! A friend said today that God is rarely early, but he is never late. I may pucker a bit, but I can rest and know my heart should be merry because He is taking care of my needs exactly the right way.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Hannah,
    Love the photo of your precious little one :-)
    And what a great analagy..we do tend to pucker at times when His answer is not to our taste!
    Thank you for linking up today and reminding us to keep a merry heart!
    blessings..Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of your dd. *grin* And this is such a important thing to remember! It is so true and yes I find myself in this if I am not putting my eyes on Him instead of my circumstances. I needed to be reminded of this today, thank you.

    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete